Monday, January 16, 2012

Best of Neon Mamacita

Most people spend the month of December looking back, and the month of January looking forward. But as a New Yorker, I make it a policy to be consistently late to all my dates. I grew up with a mother who thinks that it is rude to show up on time to a dinner party, and being early is an unpardonable offense. At least I'm reliable.

So predictably late, I present my favorite Neon Mamacita posts from this past year.  A special shout out to my big brother/ photographer, Nick Shepard, I couldn't have done it without you. Enjoy, and get ready for NM 2012!

Spliced: I don't know what it is about Antlers and figures, but something just makes me want to combine them. No need for genetic engineering, thanks to scissors and glue I can collage my own fantasy landscapes.




 Let's Hear it for The Boys: Thanks to my friend, Dave, I was able to attempt my first foray into the unknown world of men's fashion.

It's a Mad Mad World:  This shoot was particularly fun because I got to live out some of my Mad Men costume fantasies. We worked to recreate the seductiveness of the 1960s with some help from gorgeous models and Issy Magowen's photos.

 Fly Away: Truth be told, I've never put so much effort into a Halloween Costume so I just have to show it off a bit more. Plus I love these black and white gems.





Mango Mamacita: Food and fashion are pretty much my two favorite things, so the opportunity to combine them was irresistible. To top it off, I loved working with my cousin and her cheap eats blog, the Mango Lassie.

More Favorites After The Jump!!!



A Verry Merry Christmakwanzakah: Neon Mamacita's very own cheesy holiday card.

Wuthering Heights: This might be a recent one, but it's also one of my favorites. Take a stormy day and etheral dresses and you get some cold models and beautiful photos.

Cowgirl: My favorite of our street style shoots, channeling Richard Prince and the Marlboro Men.




1 comment: