Friday, February 17, 2012

Little Bombay

I make no secret of my Indiaphilia. The food! The colors! The Bollywood dance! While I have never been to India, my mom and I ventured out to Jackson Heights today, which is as close as I can get without hopping on a plane. I am doing an Indian inspired photoshoot tomorrow so this was a perfect excuse to browse the Indian fashion houses.

The first stop was lunch at Rajbhog Sweets, a no fuss shop specializing in "60 plus varieties of milk-based confections." We went straight to the savories, for under $20 we got daals, rotis, biryani, saag, tomatoes, and much more. Yum yum yum. Freshly sated we were off!. I went looking for a Tikka and wound up falling in love with one sari and buying two others at India Sari Palace. Look for them in an upcoming shoot!

I hope that these pictures inspire you to hop on the 7 out to Little Bombay.

















3 comments:

  1. next visit to NYC i'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love Jackson Heights, especially the indian buffet at Jackson Diner! and i'm obsessed with that ponytail jewelry, so cool!

    http://www.solifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete